- Posted by Media MITI KM
- On 09/01/2016
- 1 Comments
Dear kawan-kawan scholarship hunter,
Kali ini kita akan membahas tahapan untuk mendapatkan beasiswa yang akhir-akhir ini sedang ramai diperbincangkan, which is Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education, alias LPDP (Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan). Do you know bahwa beasiswa ini memberikan banyak dana tunjangan lain, selain living allowance-nya yang cenderung lebih tinggi daripada beasiswa lainnya? Baik, kalau kawan-kawan penasaran dengan apa itu LPDP dan ingin tahu informasinya lebih lanjut, langsung saja akses website LPDP di sini.
Tulisan berikut ini merupakan gambaran besar mengenai langkah-langkah yang harus kawan-kawan lakukan jika ingin mendaftar beasiswa LPDP. Perlu kawan-kawan ketahui bahwa tulisan berikut ini adalah karya salah satu mentee Program Youth Connection United Kingdom 2015, yaitu sdri. Yasmin Nabila.
Okay, berikut ini tulisan beliau. Selamat membaca.
HOW TO GET LPDP SCHOLARSHIP
Step One: Know more about yourself!
Before you start looking for a scholarship, it’d be better to define who you really are. So, the scholarship hunting will get more easier because you know what kind of scholarship you’ll be applying. There are a few points you need to identify:
- Educational background
- Scholarship availability depends on your educational background and selection subject area.
- Some scholarships are only available for certain majors.
- You also have to acknowledge that some scholarship providers require linear field of study between bachelor and master degree.
- Current / future career
- The ideal condition is that your current / future career is relevant with the field of study you are taking.
- If you are still unemployed, identify your interests and your potentials so you can take a subject that would support your achievements later.
- Make your decision
- Collect helpful informations about various scholarships available.
- If you are already done with previous identifications, you should be ready to make choices. After you find the chosen university and subject of interest, you can decide which scholarship you will be applying.
LPDP (Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan or Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education) scholarship is initiated by Indonesian government. This scholarship aims to support funding for master or doctoral programs in top universities around the world, including Great Britain.
Step Two: Understand and prepare all the general requirements
LPDP give complete informations about the general requirements through its official website. These are several requirements you need to highlight:
- Academic record
- Most of the scholarship uses Grade Point Average (GPA) as one of the requirement. LPDP itself requires applicants with 3.00 of 4.00 point scale GPA.
- Make sure you pass this because academic record is generally the initial stage of selection.
- Foreign language skills
- Languange skill is indeed substantial for your application.
- English proficiency measurement standard that’s widely used in Great Britain are IELTS and TOEFL iBT.
- Some universities require a minimum overall score, like for example a minimum 6.5 overall on IELTS, with at least 6.0 in all individual components (listening, writing, speaking, reading).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Make a good CV which shows who you really are. Choose your best work experience/achievements that relevant to your chosen subject.
- Keep your CV no more than two pages.
- Use a systematic CV format, don’t let your CV readers get bored and don’t focus on the highlighted information.
- Almost all scholarships require recommendation letter.
- Generally, the recommendation is expected to come from your bachelor professors/lecturers.
- Recommendation letter usually lifts your academic record or achievements during college.
- Personal statement
- Personal statement, also known as cover letter or motivation letter is an essential aspect that describes your quality.
- Write something that makes the scholarship providers sure you are the right person they are looking person by telling logical reasons why they should choose you.
- Make it as simple and catchy as it could so you will stand out.
- After you’re done, ask your friend to review it.
- Pay attention to the deadline
- Note and remember all important dates
Step Three: Embrace the result!
The most notable thing in your scholarship journey is to always be prepared emotionally. You will face a series of test schedule, more if you decide to appl more than one scholarship at a time. Don’t hope for an easy journey, get ready to accept even the worst situation.
Step Four: Don’t forget to pray!
Last but not least, it’s all about the power of prayer and effort. If you belive you have done your best, let God do the rest.